Top ten tips for a memorable family vacation:
1. Remember to plan the vacation so that you can spend time together as a family and not be running around from place to place.
2. If you choose to go on a cruise, make sure that everyone in your group is comfortable with being out to sea for days at a time.
3. Consider the ages of your children when choosing your destination. A few years ago my husband and I went on a cruise with our 8 year old son and had a wonderful time. We chose the cruise because we knew he would be able to keep himself busy doing things like swimming, playing with other children his age, going on the water slide and watching movies in the theater in the evening if we were tired from sightseeing during the day.
4. Remember that if you are traveling with young children there are some places you may want to avoid because of safety issues such as Mexico, Jamaica, Bahamas and any other countries where violence is common or diseases like Dengue Fever are prevalent among tourists. It is important to do your research before making final decisions about your destination.
5. There are many travel sites on line that can help you find great deals and can help you compare prices for flights, hotels
Top ten tips for a memorable family vacation:
1. Do your research.
2. Plan ahead, book early… and read the fine print!
3. Make time to play together.
4. Pack the right gear and prepare for adventure!
5. Take breaks to avoid burnout.
6. Be a good steward of the land and leave no trace behind you!
7. Be safe and insure yourself against disaster (and pack your camera!).
8. Practice the “airplane rule” (and be polite)!
9. Don’t forget about your furry family members!
10. Keep it flexible, keep it fun!
[10 Tips for a Memorable Family Vacation]
1. Pick a destination where you and your family want to go
2. Make sure that you are prepared for the worst-case scenario
3. Always plan ahead
4. Be open to new adventures
5. Travel light (if possible)
6. Bring some games or activities for the kids
7. Take plenty of pictures and videos, so that you have memories from your trip!
8. Don´t forget to bring a camera and enough batteries to last the whole trip!
9. Make sure to get enough sleep, so that you can enjoy your vacation even more!
10. Have fun and relax, because this is what vacations are all about!
1. Plan, plan and plan some more.
If you want to have a great family vacation you better be prepared to put some time and energy into planning it. When you are planning your trip, take the time to check out all your options so that you can make sure that you get the best deal possible for the money that you will be spending.
2. Create a budget and stick to it.
When you are planning a trip, it is important that you set a budget in advance and then stick to it. You sure don’t want to run out of money before your vacation is over and no one wants to come home with a huge credit card bill waiting for them. So write down what you can afford to spend and how much of that amount should go towards each aspect of your trip (for example: hotel, food, etc.). Then when you go on the trip, keep track of how much money you are spending so that there is no chance of running out of money or going over budget.
3. Remember that everyone needs some “me” time while on vacation.
It is great when people feel like they can connect with each other while they are on vacation but everyone also needs some time by themselves as well in order to recharge their batteries
1. Decide on a theme. If you want to keep the kids from getting cranky, pick something they will enjoy. This will keep them interested and engaged in the activities of your vacation.
2. Plan for down time. Keep in mind that even when you are on vacation, your children still need some downtime to recharge their batteries and rest their brains.
3. Do research. You should always do research about the place you are traveling too so that you can plan appropriately for each day of your trip. This includes finding out what attractions are available in your destination and what weather conditions you might be traveling into during your trip.
4. Create an itinerary. It is always a good idea to make an itinerary so that you know where everyone needs to be at all times while on vacation, as well as when they will have time to relax as a family or individually throughout the day if necessary.
5. Use technology if possible. Using technology such as online maps and travel guides can be a great way to plan your trip, but just remember that it might not all be accurate so you should always use multiple sources when planning your vacation.
6. Pack smartly. When packing for vacations it is important that everyone brings enough clothes for the duration
If you’re looking for a great vacation spot to take your kids, look no further than the United States. We have everything from beaches to mountains, to big cities and small towns. To help you plan your family vacation, I’ve created this list of my top ten favorite places in the U.S.
1. Orlando, Florida – The theme parks in Orlando are definitely the most popular things to do on a family vacation, but there are also other things to do like visit the Kennedy Space Center or go to the beach!
2. New York City – You can’t go wrong with New York City! There’s so much to see and do that it’s hard to know where to start. You could spend a week here and still not do everything you want to do!
3. San Francisco – San Francisco is one of my favorite cities in the US because there are so many things for families with kids of all ages: museums, aquariums and zoos (all with great views), shopping areas like Union Square and Chinatown, parks like Golden Gate Park where you can ride bikes or rollerblade…the list goes on!
4. Washington D.C. – Take your family on an educational trip through history with visits to the White House, Capitol Hill