Cabo San Lucas, Mexico is one of the top vacation destinations in the world. It is located at the tip of the Baja peninsula and is perfect for families, couples and people looking to get away. With an average temperature of 70 degrees year round, it’s a perfect destination when you need some sunshine.
What if you’ve been to Cabo before? How many times can you go parasailing or see a mariachi band? There are plenty of new things to do each time you visit but here are some of our favorite things to do in Cabo San Lucas.
1. Try a local Mexican beer
2. Go swimming with dolphins
3. Get a facial or massage at the resort spa
4. Visit Todos Santos – A quaint colonial town about 45 minutes north of Cabo on highway 19
5. Go snorkeling in the Sea of Cortez
6. Do an ATV tour through the desert
7. Walk along Lover’s Beach and marvel at Land’s End
8. Take an excursion to see whales or go sport fishing
9. Sample local restaurants including: Mi Casa, Edith’s, The Office, and Mango Deck
10. Take a sunset cruise on a catamaran
Cabo San Lucas is one of the top vacation destinations for families. With something for everyone, Cabo is a no-brainer for your next family trip. From stunning beaches and water activities to world-renowned golf courses, Cabo offers a perfect balance of relaxation and fun. Here are 10 things to consider when planning your next family getaway.
The beautiful Los Cabos area of Mexico, at the tip of the Baja Peninsula, has long been a top vacation spot for those looking to escape the everyday and enjoy warm temperatures, stunning beaches and an amazing array of activities. As you plan your family trip to Los Cabos, Mexico, here are our top 10 things to do:
1. Visit The Arch – Also known as El Arco de Cabo San Lucas, this rock formation is one of the best-known natural landmarks in Los Cabos. Located at the tip of Land’s End on the Pacific side of Los Cabos, you can see it from many locations throughout the area. A great place to take a picture with The Arch is Medano Beach where you can get great views from shore or even rent a kayak and get up close on the water.
2. Explore Land’s End – Home to The Arch, Lover’s Beach and Neptune’s Finger (El Divisadero), Land’s End is a great place to spend some time during your visit. Spend some time on Lover’s Beach or Medano Beach or take a boat ride out to Neptune’s Finger where you will find incredible views of The Arch.
It’s vacation time!!! Yay! That means packing the kids, getting ready for the plane, and doing all those tedious things that go along with traveling. But don’t worry. The destination is worth it. Cabo San Lucas, Mexico is so amazing, you’ll forget all about the plane ride and jet lag. Here are my top 10 reasons to take your family to Cabo San Lucas:
1. The beach. One of the top destinations in Mexico is Cabo San Lucas because of their beautiful beaches. You can lay around on a beach chair while sipping a margarita under the sun or walk along the sandy beach looking for seashells with the kids. Either way, you’ll enjoy your time at this destination.
2. The food. Mexican food is delicious, and definitely something you should enjoy while you’re there! Some of my favorite dishes are chile rellenos (stuffed peppers), tacos al pastor (marinated pork tacos), elote (corn on the cob), and nachos. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
3. Swimming with dolphins at Dolphin Discovery. Kids love animals, so what better thing to do than swim with dolphins? This experience will be one your family will never forget!
Cabo San Lucas is a beautiful, luxurious tourist destination in Mexico. I have been there three times with my family and we absolutely love it! We are definitely going to go again.
There are many reasons for this. The weather is amazing, the beaches are beautiful, and the food is delicious. There are also lots of things to do, like swimming with the dolphins or hanging out at the pool. And there is no shortage of places to stay; you can choose between a hotel, a condo or a house that you rent.
Here are my top ten things to do in Cabo San Lucas:
1.) Swim with the dolphins at Cabo Dolphins
2.) Rent a boat and go fishing on Medano Beach
3.) Hang out at the pool all day long or go swimming in the ocean
4.) Take a tour of El Arco de Cabo San Lucas (a rock formation) by boat or kayak
5.) Take pictures with your family in front of El Arco de Cabo San Lucas for some great photo ops!
6.) Go snorkeling at Chileno Bay (the water is crystal clear!)
7.) Eat dinner at one of the many restaurants on Medano Beach – our favorites include: Papas
Last year, my husband and I took our kids on our very first family vacation to Cabo San Lucas while we celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary. We had been to Cabo several times before, but never with our kids. I wasn’t sure how much there would be for them to do, but Cabo did not disappoint! Here are the top 10 things you should do with your kids in Cabo:
1. Visit El Arco de Cabo San Lucas – One of the most iconic images associated with Mexico is the Arch of Cabo San Lucas. The arch was formed by waves crashing into rocks over the years, forming a beautiful landmark that is essential for those visiting Cabo for the first time. For great pictures of your family standing in front of El Arco, head out onto his jet ski and get some great shots from afar!
2. Enjoy a Sunset Cruise – There are many options when it comes to taking a sunset cruise along the Sea of Cortez, but one of our favorites was through Red Sail Sports. The boat takes you right under El Arco and gives you spectacular views of Los Cabos as the sun sets behind you. You can also see dolphins and whales up close on this trip!