Fall is a great time to get out of the city and explore nature. While the leaves are changing and the weather is cooling down, many people like to take advantage of the season. There are so many great options for fall getaways that it’s hard to narrow down. Here are 5 places to go for Fall Getaways:
1: The Great Smoky Mountains National Park – An easy drive from several major cities, this national park offers over 800 miles of hiking trails as well as scenic drives through the mountains. There are also several historic buildings, including a working grist mill, in the park you can visit.
2: Hudson Valley, New York – This beautiful area features apple orchards, pumpkin farms, and scenic views of fall foliage. Come for a day trip or stay longer at an old farm house turned bed and breakfast.
3: Maine – The state of Maine is known for its natural beauty, and you can see some spectacular views during peak fall foliage at Acadia National Park. Take a drive along the coast or a hike up Cadillac Mountain for incredible views of the landscape.
4: Yellowstone National Park – While it may be snowing in Jackson Hole already, further south at Yellowstone you can still enjoy the colors of fall while
Fall is just around the corner, and that means it’s time to start planning getaways for the season. Here are some of our favorite destinations for fall travel:
1. The Big Apple: New York City is a classic destination for the fall season, when the leaves in Central Park are changing and there’s a chill in the air. There are also plenty of fun fall activities — from Oktoberfest celebrations to Halloween parties!
2. A Mountain Escape: Too much city life? Why not head somewhere with a little more space? The Tri-State area has plenty of mountain towns where you can relax with a cup of hot cider, or even go hiking through the colorful forests!
3. A Taste of History: Fall is the best time to explore history in New Jersey, since many attractions offer outdoor tours of their grounds this time of year. Visit one of our many historic houses for an afternoon tea party, or take a walking tour through our downtowns!
4. Pioneer Fun: If history is your thing, why not try out some pioneer-themed fun? From hayrides to corn mazes, we have plenty of farms that will give you a taste of what life was like back in the day!
5. Family Fun: Last
In fall, you can experience the most beautiful colors of the year. The leaves are painted in vibrant oranges, reds and yellows which makes it a perfect time to get outdoors and enjoy nature. Fall is also a great season to find a bargain on travel deals as this is considered off-season for many destinations. Here are some of our best picks for fall getaways.
Fall is the perfect time to relax and recharge. We’ve rounded up five places that are ideal for an autumnal getaway…
1. Maine: The state is known for its gorgeous fall foliage, which bursts into color in September and October. It’s also known for its delicious seafood and charming coastal towns, a winning combination!
2. Japan: In Japan, viewing the changing leaves is a national pastime called “momijigari.” There are many parks and temples where people can go to see the fall colors.
3. Colorado: You can experience all four seasons in one day in Colorado, so pack accordingly! The state offers plenty of outdoor activities like hiking, biking, fishing and horseback riding.
4. Italy: Autumn marks the beginning of harvest season in Italy, which means vineyards are bursting with grapes and wineries are thriving with activity. Plan your trip around local events like vintage festivals or grape harvests for a truly authentic experience!
5. Stellenbosch, South Africa: Because this town is located in the Southern Hemisphere, it experiences spring during our fall season. And what better way to celebrate than with a glass of wine?
Fall is in full swing, with winter just around the corner. It’s time to get away from it all and forget about the gray weather that’s coming. We’ve got five great places to help you escape, including a new hot spot!
Come visit these amazing locations:
1. Hawaii – The ultimate winter escape
2. Mexico – A trip to paradise for your whole family
3. New York City – Broadway shows and shopping galore!
4. Japan – Discover something new in this eclectic country
5. India – Explore the rich culture and history of India
1. For the outdoorsy type: Phoenix, Arizona
This fall, consider a trip to Phoenix, Arizona. This great city is perfect for those who love spending time in nature. The Grand Canyon is a short drive away, and you can also head to the city’s South Mountain Park for hiking and horseback riding. In the mood for something a little more leisurely? Check out the Desert Botanical Garden for a relaxing and educational afternoon.
2. For the beach-lover: Miami Beach, Florida
If you’re looking for an all-around trip this fall, try Miami Beach, Florida. You can relax on the beach during the day, enjoy great food at night, and dance until dawn at one of Miami’s famous clubs – all without ever leaving the hotel! It’s also a great place to get some shopping done – there are tons of fun boutiques along Lincoln Road.
3. For the culture buff: Austin, Texas
Austin has long been known as a haven for artists and musicians, but it has so much more to offer than just music! There are tons of great museums in the area (try The Blanton Museum of Art or The Texas State History Museum), and Austin hosts numerous festivals
If you’re a fan of fall, you’ll love these five cities. Each is home to some of the best weather, colors, and festivals the season has to offer. Whether you love crisp evenings or changing leaves, we’ve picked a destination for every taste.