15 Best Family Vacation Activities in Entebbe
Entebbe is a beautiful town that is found in central region of Uganda. It is located on the shores of Lake Victoria, the biggest lake in Africa. The town is also situated at a distance of 37km south-west of Kampala, Uganda’s capital city.
The area has become a major tourist attraction in Uganda due to its proximity to Entebbe International Airport and the many activities you can do while there. The area is also known for its world-class accommodation facilities and restaurants. Below are some things you can do with your family on vacation in Entebbe:
1. Visit Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary
This island sanctuary cares for orphaned chimpanzees and protects them from poachers who may want to kill them for their meat and skin. The sanctuary also supports research on chimpanzees and offers visitors an opportunity to see this endangered species up close during their feeding sessions.
Entebbe is a beautiful and serene town in central Uganda. This is the place where the first president of Uganda, H.E Milton Obote, had his home. Entebbe is also known to be the first city to have street lights in Uganda.
The city has a wonderful atmosphere that makes it an interesting destination for both tourists and families looking to spend quality time together. The city has an international airport and several good hotels that make it easier for travelers to explore the city and its environs. Here are some of the 15 best family vacation activities in Entebbe:
1. Guided tour of Entebbe
The city of Entebbe has many attractions that one can visit during your stay here. Among the best things to do include touring the State House, Botanical Gardens, Ngamba Island Chimpanzee Sanctuary, Wildlife Education Center, Mabamba Swamp among others.
You can tour these places on foot or hire a car with a driver who will help you move around easily as you enjoy your stay in this lovely town.
Entebbe is a town located in the central region of Uganda on the northern shore of Lake Victoria. Entebbe is the location of the state house, ministry of internal affairs and other government departments. It is also one of Uganda’s major tourist destinations. The 15 best family vacation activities in Entebbe include:
1. Bird watching: Entebbe lies along the shores of lake Victoria and is known as a major habitat for birds. Over 50 species have been recorded at the Entebbe Botanical Gardens alone. In addition, Entebbe is also home to many bird species that migrate from Europe and other parts of Africa annually. The most popular bird watching spots in Entebbe include the botanical gardens, south shores, wetlands and Mabamba bay.
2. Nature walks: nature walks are one of the most popular family vacation activities in Entebbe, because they allow you to enjoy and explore nature with your kids at your own pace. A good example is a nature walk along entebbes wetland trails which will enable you to enjoy all kinds of wildlife including birds, reptiles and primates as well as lots of flora such as papyrus swamps and mangroves which thrive along the shores of lake Victoria and its islands.
Uganda is a beautiful country with so much going on. This makes it a great place for families to spend their vacation. When you look around, you will find many things to do as a family.
Here are some of the 15 best family vacation activities in and around Entebbe:
Where is the best place to go with your family in Entebbe? The answer is everywhere and anywhere. You can have fun on vacation wherever you are, and here are some ideas for places and things to do:
1. Walk around the town of Entebbe.
2. Visit the botanical gardens.
3. Go on a boat ride on Lake Victoria or any other lake in the region.
4. Visit the Uganda Wildlife Education Center (UWEC).
5. Visit Jinja, a small town on the Nile River that offers many activities such as white water rafting, kayaking, bunjee jumping and more!
6. Go swimming at the beach or in one of the lakes in the area (the temperature will be warmer than most other places).
7. Take a nature walk at Mabamba Wetland Sanctuary or Mabira Forest Reserve, both of which are located near Entebbe International Airport (EBB).
8. Go hiking up Mount Elgon National Park for beautiful views of Lake Victoria from above!
Families seeking to have a fun filled vacation in Uganda will have no option but to visit Entebbe. The pearl of Africa is home to the best tourist attractions in East Africa and some of these are located on Lake Victoria, which is the second largest freshwater lake in the world.
The good news is that this lake is not just a tourist attraction, it also offers many opportunities for tourists to enjoy their time in Entebbe. If you are looking for things to do with your family while on vacation, here are some of the best places to visit in Entebbe.
When you take your family to Entebbe, you will be surprised by the number of activities you can do together. This is a destination that caters for families and ensures that every member of the family has a fun time. The activities in this article are the best for people with kids and teenagers.
Go to the Uganda Wildlife Education Centre: As you may know, Uganda is home to plenty of incredible wildlife but also endangered species. So when you visit this centre, you will get to see some of these endangered animals like Rhinoceros and white giraffes. You can also see other animals like lions, cheetahs, leopards, and so on. And there are also birds that your kids will love to watch.
Visit the Mabamba Wetlands: If your kids love nature, then they will absolutely cherish going to Mabamba Wetlands. It’s a swampy area but there are beautiful and exotic plants here as well as birds like papyrus gonoleks and shoebills, which are rare. You get to enjoy a boat ride as well while looking out for these creatures.