Gear bags. That’s what we call them in the business. A gear bag is a bag that fits your gear and nothing more. It’s not a purse, it’s not a suitcase, it’s not a backpack. It’s a bag for your gear only.
And what should go into your gear bag? Here are 10 things you need in your gear bag:
1. Toothbrush and toothpaste
2. Fresh socks
3. Hot sauce (for flavoring)
4. A small flashlight (for emergencies)
5. Hand sanitizer (to clean hands after touching gross things)
6. A tiny book you can read in the bathroom (helps pass time during long waits)
7. A pen and notebook (for leaving yourself important notes)
8. A change of clothes (for when you get lost or stuck overnight somewhere)
9. A tiny umbrella (in case of bad weather)
10. A small mirror (to see yourself in case of emergencies)
1. Clothes – The first thing you need in your overnight bag is clothes. Depending on the weather, your trip and the time of year, you should decide what type of clothes to bring.
2. Toiletries – You will also want to pack all of your toiletries in your overnight bag. This could include soap, shampoo, conditioner, a toothbrush and toothpaste, deodorant and makeup if you wear it.
3. Shoes – As well as clothes, you will need to bring some shoes with you in your overnight bag too. These will depend entirely on where you are going and what you intend to do when you get there.
4. Swimsuit – A swimsuit is another thing that you may want to include in your overnight bag depending on where you are going and what sort of activities you have planned for the duration of your trip.
5. Books or an eReader – If you are someone who likes to read a lot then either packing some books or an eReader is a great idea as these can provide hours of entertainment when you are traveling or just relaxing in your hotel room at night before going to sleep.
6. Headphones/Earbuds – Headphones are another essential item that no one should be
If you spend a lot of time traveling, you’ll eventually find yourself spending the night somewhere other than your own bed. If you don’t have a solid gear bag with everything you need, that can be a problem. But if you’re prepared and ready to go, it can be a breeze.
Before you leave, you want to make sure you have everything you need. Make sure you have these 10 things in your luggage:
1. Toothbrush and toothpaste
2. Shampoo and soap
3. A change of clothes
4. A hairbrush or comb
5. Your cell phone charger
6. Keys and wallet (don’t forget these!)
7. Cameras or camcorders with chargers
8. Your laptop or tablet with a charger
9. Something to read such as a book or magazine
2. Contact lens solution
3. Toothbrush and toothpaste
4. Water bottle
5. Snack bar or protein shake
6. Combination lock
7. Phone charger
8. Watch/clock/alarm clock
9. A small notebook and pen
10. A book (or a favorite magazine)
4. Extra pair of underwear and socks
5. Clean T-shirt and shorts, or a one-piece bathing suit
6. Swim trunks, if you plan to swim
7. A beach towel, if you plan to swim or sunbathe
8. Sunscreen lotion for swimming or sunbathing
9. Flashlight with fresh batteries, to be on the safe side (even if your host has lights in the guest room)
10. An alarm clock (if you’re not sure whether your host has one in the guest room; remember to set it before going to sleep)
5. Books and Magazines
7. Wallet and Purse
8. Snacks and Drinks
9. Cell Phone
10. Pillow and Blanket